Day 56: Psalm 46

When I read this Psalm I thought about two things: God has been my Refuge and my Strength and God is my Refuge and my Strength.  I look at my life and there has been some events that weren't so much fun to go through.  Through many of events I clung to my Lord and He brought me through it.  He has made many promises to us and He follows through every time.  When I go to Him, trust Him, have faith in His Word everything just works out in the end.

As I'm sitting here and meditating on His Word, these verses, and situations in my life right now, I'm realizing that I don't always cling to Him.  I KNOW that my God is amazing.  He loves me.  He is my strength and my comforter.  He is my provider.  Why am I not going to Him?  I don't have any answer for that question but I will tell you right now that, THAT is going to change right this very second!  

God, MY ROCK,
I come to you with thanksgiving because you are the God that provides for me.  Everything that I have is from you.  Thank you for all of these things.  Lord, my heart hurts though.  We have been struggling financially and you have taken care of us every single second.  Thank you God.  I trust that you will continue to take care of us.  Please help us to get out of debt. We want to praise you with our finances.  We don't ever want to go into debt again.  We want to share everything we have.  We try to share the things we have now but Lord, it's tough with all of our bills.  Please provide the money to get out of debt.  Help us to think about every penny that we spend and that it would all be glorifying to you.  Lord, I don't know what to do about this unspoken thing on my mind.  You know all the details and Lord, you love me and your holding my hand but I need guidance as to what to do.  What is right?  I just want to do what it is that YOU want me to do.  Help me to see that.  I pray for my niece.  I know that you love her more than I do.  She is struggling.  I don't know all the reasons why and I don't fully understand the complexity of it all but I know that she is hurting.  She is so young and cannot understand.  Please God, help her to understand that she can count on you, call out to you, lean on you and that you will NEVER leave her.  Please help that she would get the helps she needs.  Show her mom the truth.  Help her mom to see and search for the right things to do for her and her daughter.  Thank you listening, loving, and being my refuge.  I love you!

Selah: Used as a pause in music (praise).  AKA forever.  Lord, are you really trying to tell me something?

Comments