Day 15: Hebrews 1 & 2

Wow, it has been a few days.  How does the time just go by so fast?  It has been a rough couple of days for me.  But, my husband came home early last night and we were able to have devotions together.  He is really interested in reading Hebrews so we started with chapters 1 and 2.  I wish we could spend time in God's Word on a daily basis together.  

So, Hebrews 1 God talks to Jesus and it is interesting.  He says that "Jesus laid the foundations of the earth in the beginning and the Heavens are the works of His hands.  They will perish but Jesus will remain. His throne will remain forever and ever."  It's like God is talking about Himself here.  This is awesome because God and Jesus are one with the Holy Spirit.  I love it!!

Hebrews 1:14 says, "Are not the angels all ministering spirits sent out in the service of those who are to inherit salvation?"    This is neat for me because I always knew that God's angels existed but I wasn't sure what their purpose was.  I thought maybe they were to praise and honor God but there is more to the angels than I ever knew.  It is actually very comforting to know that God provides angels to minister to us and to help us.  

Psalm 103:20 says, "Bless the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments, hearkening to the voice of His Word."  Hearken: to give attention to what is said; listen.  Me, being a mighty one who does His commandments and who listens to the voice of His Word and then the angels will bless the Lord, which is to be servants and protect us, His people.

This is so comforting to know that if we walk in the light, God will give us angels to protect us.

Hebrews 2 talks about how God sent His son to come down in human form and go through temptations and trials just as we do and die in place of us as a sacrifice for our sins.  This is so amazing because when I am struggling with something, the first thing that I want to do is talk to someone that understands what I'm going through.  My husband and I were talking about a friend of mine who lost her child when he was about 8 months old.  I was saying that if we would lose one of our children, she would be the first person that I run to because she understands what I would be going through, as no one else would.  But what is so comforting about this is that Jesus went through suffering like no other and He lived in this crappy world with all the yuckiness that we go through.  He experienced it all, I can go to Him!!  There are many times that I feel alone and I have no one to talk to.  I can talk to my Jesus, my God because He DOES understand.  He knows what my pain feels like.  He can be there for me in so many ways that no one else can as well.  How awesome is that?!

Comments