This Psalm is written by David. He takes refuge in God and gives credit to His Lord for any goodness in his life. David also talks about taking delight in the godly: people that have chosen salvation; a relationship with God. David expected great sorrow on those who did not choose salvation, but chose other gods instead. He did not choose these other gods because God has always been reliable, trustworthy, real and true. Because David chose God, he was given counsel, protection, fullness of joy and was never abandoned by God.
I started thinking about some of the false Gods in my life and others' lives. The list I made is just a few, but they are: money, family, significant other, food, video games, drugs, and shopping. I believe that when we make these things gods in our life we are going to experience such things as disappointment, abandonment, hurt, consequences, and pain. I think people, such as myself try to find joy and fulfillment in these things. I do it especially with my family. This is a tough one because I know that God gave me my family to take care of, teach and nurture because He trusts me with them and their hearts. But when I put them before God and make them little gods in my life, I see the effect. I get stressed out, I get frustrated and do things and say things that I regret. My reaction to them is nothing less than disgusting. This happens when I am "too busy" to spend time with my Lord and Savior. I know that when I put Him first, everything else falls into place. I am a sinner and I make mistakes, but when my God is on my side and my eyes are focused on Him, my life is so much for fulfilling!
Dear Lord, my Redeemer,
Thank you so much for giving me my family. My boys and my husband are such joys in my life. Thank you for trusting me with them and their hearts. Please help me to remember to put them second and you first. I want you to be my number one. I want to always be seeking counsel from you. I know that you never abandon me and you are always there for me and sometimes I take advantage of that. Thank you for taking care of my family and I. You always provide for our needs and so much more. Thank you for the relationships that have been in my past, present and the ones in my future. I am so glad that I am finally opening up to fellowship with other believers. Serving in church has been a blessing in my life. Neighborhood group is going to be a great experience. I need other believers in my life. I love spending time in your Word. I love what you teach me and how you show yourself to me. Thank you for doing that. Help me to be more intimate with you. I want to have an ultimate relationship with you. You are everything I could ever ask for and yet so many times I don't give you what you deserve, which is me. I love you!
Comments
Post a Comment