Day 22: You are Not an Accident

The Purpose Driven Life:  Chapter 2

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me."  Psalm 138:8a

"You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something."  Psalm 139:15
"You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.  Everyday was recorded in your book."  Psalm 139:16

"From one man He made every nation,... and He determined the times set for them and the exact places they should live."  Acts 17:26

"Long before He laid down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love."  Ephesians 1:4a

"God decided to give us life through the word of truth so we might be the most important of all the things He made."  James 1:18

"God formed the earth... He did not create it to be empty but formed it to be inhabited."  Isaiah 45:18

"God is love."  I John 4:8

"I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth.  Even when you are old, I will be the same.  Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you.  I made you and I will take care of you."  Isaiah 46:3-4

"The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what He does for us."  Romans 12:3

Father God,
I know that you planned on creating me and then you just brought me into being.  You know everything about me, Lord.  You know what I think about myself.  You know how I feel about everything.  Please God, show me my purpose.  Help me to see me as you see me.  I just want to be your good and faithful servant.  Thank you for giving me life.


These thoughts and comments were taken from the book, The Purpose Driven Life written by Rick Warren.

Comments