Okay so I know that this doesn't totally fit in this blog but I feel like I just need to let out some feelings.
Almighty Father,
I just want to come to you tonight because I have been feeling down these last 24 hours or so. I was asked to be interviewed for a project for school about when I lived in Africa. So, last night I was answering some of these questions for the interviewer, all while looking at pictures and my yearbook from that time in my life. I'm looking at these pictures of these people in my life that I don't have much of a connection with now. I have had either amazing relationships with these people at one time, amazing experiences and memories with these people and/or these people have taught me something really special and they mean a lot to me.
I just started feeling really sad because I miss these relationships in my life. I got married at a young age and shortly after had my first son and then immediately after that, had my second son. I am a wife, a mom, and spend my whole life involved with them. I love my life and everything about it. You are the center of it and everything else is a blessing. I do miss the going out with S, Aa, M, Ju, and J. I really miss my conversations with Aa the most. Even after I came home, it seemed that Aa and I became really close friends. He came to my wedding but after that he went to India and I haven't heard from him since. I'm really sad because his sister gave me his email address and I wrote him a few times but never got a response back. I just don't understand why.
R and I weren't really good friends but I follow her on fb and she is an amazing woman. I would love to get to know her better and just be better friends. She has 2 children of her own, so we have that in common. I emailed her one time and let her know what an amazing person I thought she was but I didn't get a response back from her. I shouldn't expect a response but I guess I feel like I need to back off so she doesn't think I'm weird or something.
A and I started becoming better friends at the end of that year in Senegal. She is also another amazing woman. We talked for awhile after we came back to the states as well. She came to visit me one time in Wisconsin but after that visit, things were different. I don't know what that was all about but it seemed that our friendship really started drifting apart after that. Maybe it was me. I don't know. She got married to another former DA alumni but I wasn't invited to the wedding.
S has become a huge success since high school and even more so after college. He has a very busy life I'm sure. It was always his personality to get involved in everything. Last I knew, he had this gorgeous girlfriend. Anyways, we would write a line or two to one another every couple months just checking to see how each other was doing. Then he deleted his fb.
I don't know if Ju really even liked me back then. I had a blast with her though. She was always so free and fun. I wrote on her fb a few times with no responses as well.
Don't get me started with J. That guy is too busy for everyone (I think).
M seems happy. She is engaged to her babies' dad. He seems like a wonderful man. She is always smiling in her pictures (that is how I remember her most anyway). We exchange a few lines on fb as well but I just wish I could give her a hug. She is a fabulous person that I miss greatly.
Comments
Post a Comment