David says in this Psalm that the Lord is his light, his salvation, and the strength of his life. He knew that because of his relationship with God, it effected his response to attacks from the wicked. David wasn't afraid because he believed that God would protect him. The number one priority in David's life was that he may dwell in the house of the Lord all of his days (be in the Lord's presence).
I learned yesterday that my light, my salvation, and the strength of my life will address the needs of my life which are nourishment, restoration, guidance, and protection. I also was to live in God's presence, just as David did. I believe that living in His presence is to know Him, to see Him as He really is and to be with Him. This is going to happen if my eyes are focused on Him: being in His Word and taking myself to Him at His feet. When we seek God's face, He promises that He will not abandon us. He will forever and always be with us.
There is a connection between faith and waiting on the Lord. Faith is waiting, hoping and expecting. When you wait on the Lord, you gave faith that he will follow through.
There are several things in my life that tempt me to worry. I have learned that when I worry, I am not putting faith in God. Worrying is like having an attitude that God isn't big enough, or He doesn't care, or just that He doesn't know what He is doing. I KNOW that all of these things are not true. I am a lot better about not worrying than I used to be. But I still have temptation. I need to remember that He will follow through and that I have no reason to fear or worry.
For me, I don't always put God before other things. I would like to think that I do but when I really am honest with myself, I have to admit that I don't. I get distracted with life. Being a mom, a wife, being tired and feeling lazy quite often comes before I take the time to go to my Lord. I know that I need to make time every day. If I tell myself that I am not allowed to go to bed without taking the time with God, it may help. I don't think that spending time with God is a chore and I hate that it sounds like I need to talk myself into doing it because it shouldn't be that way. All I know is that when I take the time to spend in His presence, I am glad that I did and I enjoy my time with Him. I just make excuses sometimes to do it. I also think that if I keep reminding myself that this is His story, not mine will help. I get so involved in MY life, doing MY everyday things that I need/want to do and if I focused more on what HE wants for me, what HE wants me to do, and what He needs/wants, I would be on the right track!
Lord,
I want to seek your face everyday all day and be in your presence just like David did. I know that if I strive and seek this, you will not forsake me. It is just making the time fore you, following through, Lord that I sometimes have a problem with. Help me to keep you as my number one focus. You are ALL that I want and need. Thank you for all your promises and follow though.
"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all of the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple." Psalm 27:4
Comments
Post a Comment