Day 60: Life is a Temporary Assignment

Good morning.  Today is Good Friday.  This is the day we celebrate the love that God has for us and the pain that Jesus went through for us.  It is amazing when we actually take some time to think about it.   "Oh how He loves us..."

Beautiful The Blood

I never knew death could be so sweet
I never knew surrender could feel so free
I never seen such meekness in majesty
That the blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

How beautiful the blood flow
How merciful the love show
The King of glory poured out
Victorious are we now

Never knew through these nails would love unfold
And never knew these wounds would heal my soul
I've never seen such beauty and sorrow meet
The blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

[Repeat Chorus]

Now I'll sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

[Repeat Chorus]

How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

My devotions today was a reminder of how we shouldn't get comfortable in this world and in this life.  This is not our home.  Heaven will be our home and God has so much more planned for us.  When our life ends, our chapters do not end.  I have much hope in this!
Job 8:9- "For we are of but yesterday and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow."

Psalm 39:4-  "Lord, make me to know my end and [to appreciate] the measure of my days-- what it is; let me know and realize how frail I am [how transient is my stay here]."

Psalm 119:19- "I am a stranger and a temporary resident on this earth; hide not your commandments from me."

I Peter 1:17-  "And if you call upon Him as [your] Father Who judges each one impartially according to what he does [then] you should conduct yourselves with true reverence throughout the time of your temporary residence [on the earth whether long or short]."

Philippians 3:19-20-  "Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.  But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ."

James 4:4-  "You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."

II Corinthians 5:20-  "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God."

I Peter 2:11-  "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul."

I Corinthians 7:31-  "Those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away."

II Corinthians 4:18-  "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

John 16:33-  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

John 16:20-  "I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy."

John 15:18-19-  "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.  If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
Hebrews 11:13-  "All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth."

Hebrews 11:16-  "Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

Lord, 

It is hard to remember that this isn't our home here on earth.  We get involved and sucked in to what is important to the world, such as having a good job, having a house, keeping the house up and such things.  Lord God, I have fallen into this trap.  I know that these things are important to you to some degree.  You gave us this house and you want us to take care of it.  You want us to remember that the things that we have are borrowed from you.  Help me Lord, to not be comfortable in this place, but look to my future home in heaven as my home.  Help me to remember why we are here and that this is your story not mine.  Thank you for all that you give me.  Thank you for sending your son, because you loved us so much!  You are amazing God.  I love you.

Amen 

Comments