Day 61: Psalm 57

This is a very interesting Psalm.  David wrote it when he was hiding from Saul in a cave. 
There are three specific steps of action that David took in the midst of his problems. 
1.  He took refuge in the Lord.
2.  He cried out to his God the Most High.
3.  He praised and gave thanks with singing.

David was confident in God.  He trusted Him ad he wasn't afraid.  His supreme priority in the midst of his storms was to exalt and praise God.

I need to remember that when I have things in my life that worry me or are tough to handle, it doesn't matter.  I need to remember that this is God's story, not my story.  It is ALL about Him.  Things happen in life, such as storms but God is always the same.  He is always AMAZING!  Personally when I am struggling with something, I try not to worry.  I really do my best to give it to God and trust in Him.  This is pretty easy for me because I know that everything is going to be okay.  Things may not turn out the way that I want them to but it always turns out better than I ever thought possible.  I need to exalt God more.  I need to praise Him more.  He deserves this from me. 

I think I need to think about this question for awhile:
Am I more concerned about getting relief from my problems or about God being magnified through my problems?  This is very interesting!  I think that I am concerned about getting relief from my problems.  It is hard not to want that.  But what does it mean to have God be magnified through my problems.  I think this means to exalt Him and praise Him, leaning on Him, trusting Him, having faith and hope in Him throughout your storms. 

Lord, help me to magnify you through my problems.  You are the best friend I ever had.  You are the most precious and loving God.  You are always there for me through the best of times and through the worst of times.  Thank you for all that you do.  I love you!

Comments