Wow! It has been over a decade since I wrote a blog post. There have been so many things that God has done in my life since then. He is constantly working and it is amazing to look back and see all that my family has accomplished through Him. Here are a few snapshots of our journey:
In my last post, I commented on some very painful things that I was going through. I wrote about how I wanted God to fix it, to take it away. I am still not really sure why I was going through that particular situation but I can see very clearly that He was with me through it. If I am being honest, at first I chose to deal with it by trying to medicate myself. This is not typical for me in any way. I realized that if I wanted God to heal me from the anxiety that I was experiencing, I would have to surrender to Him. I would need to verbally and wholeheartedly trust Him with my heart, my life, and my situation. I can say today that it was a long difficult journey, but I got through it. He never left me and He has healed me from the anxiety and the pain that I felt.
In my last post, I spoke of the daughter that God blessed me with (child #3). Since then, we also had another little peanut (child #4). We have completed our family of 6. The youngest is now 9 years old and isn't quite a little peanut anymore.
After talking about how he wished he would have gone to medical school for many years, my husband finally decided to chase after his dreams. He decided to go back to school. Since we were already in our late 20's and had four children, he decided that a Physicians Assistant (now called Physicians Associate) was more practical (taking less time to accomplish). He had to start his undergraduate education over. We decided to move to Virginia (we lived in Wisconsin), so that he could go full time. My mother and her wonderful husband allowed us to rent their basement apartment. After he graduated, he was accepted into a PA program a year later. We moved again. During his very intense PA program, we had quite a few struggles. We were living on my teaching assistant salary. God got us through and even blessed me with a full time teaching position (this story is an amazing one in itself and such a gift from God). My husband went through a very traumatic mental health scare. He went 13 days without sleep. During this, we couldn't find a doctor to help us. He was having panic attacks and suicidal thoughts. It was so awful. God got us through. Covid hit towards the end of his program and his clinicals were cut short. God got us through. Right before graduating, he was to finish one of his clinicals and his appendix almost burst. Long story short, he ended up in the hospital twice after the initial diagnosis due to infection. He was worried that he wasn't going to graduate on time. God got us through and yes, he graduated on time. We worried some that he would have a difficult time getting a job (due to Covid). We were not sure how we would be able to pay student loans. God orchestrated an amazing job offer. My husband is now working as a PA in a pain management clinic. A lot can happen in eleven years!
There are so many things that I could continue to share, where God has blessed us and brought us through. So often I go through the motions of the day to day. Yes, God is with me through my days. He is my best friend. I am constantly asking him what to do and sharing my feelings with him. I enjoy our precious moments together. I rarely stop and think about the things that He has brought me through though. Taking this time to reflect on it is crazy because it is so overwhelming to see ALL that He has done for me and my family. The few things I wrote about are nothing in comparison to all that He has been working this last decade. I encourage you to take some time and think about the things that He has taught you, loved you through, brought you to the other side, blessed you with, and where He has guided you. He cares about you and your life. He cares about the big things but oh, how He cares about the little things. He is your biggest cheerleader. He weeps over you and with you. He dances over you and with you. He is real and alive. If you seek Him with your whole heart, you WILL find Him (Jeremiah 29:13)!
Comments
Post a Comment